GEM Arranges Study Visit to Italy for GEM Cluster Members
Greening Ethiopian Manufacturing (GEM) arranges study visit for GEM Cluster Members to Italy 22-26 January 2020, through European Union supports aiming MSMEs in adoption of sustainable consumption and production (SCP) practices and seizing green growth opportunities, Implemented by Ethiopian Chamber of Commerce and Sectoral Associations (ECCSA), Precise Consult, and INOA in Ethiopia.
The study visit program was designed to fulfill the following key objectives
- to learn about international trends in sustainable fashion, textile and leather manufacturing;
- to meet with leather, textile (garment) and heritage clusters’ representatives in Italy and exchange experience in doing business;
- to learn about successful SME support and competitiveness enhancement;
- to learn about management of cluster organizations, challenges and advantages successful clustering
Seventeen cluster members and GEM staff has attended the study visit. From the seventeen cluster members eight of them are female and the rest are male. Participants’ sector distribution is ten from leather, six from textile and one from handicraft.
In the event the enterprise owners, managers and representatives visited six companies:
- Bonelli Erede Law firm, Milan;
- Prodital Leathers, Arzignano;
- Venetian Cluster for Conservation and Protection of Environmental and Cultural Heritage assets;
- Showroom of Mr. Franco Pianegonda, Vicenza;
- Technology Park of Pordenone and
- Green Fashion Week (GFW) organizers